Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mousetrap Racecars (Under Construction)

Mousetrap Racecar: (Achievements Earned so Far: 5)

What is our Racecar?

The Racecar is [meant] to use the direct force from the mousetrap to power the car in a short spurt; acceletation over distance.  After going through many, many changes, the car has gone through many changes.  The mousetrap can either be stationary on the ground, or can be supported in a sub-chasis.  The car itself, depending if the mousetrap is in/out of the car, has two different centers of balence.  Thus, it will be able to "tilt" foward or backwards, almost as a teeter totter.  As well, the car can be taken apart, giving a small uneven car, or a large teeter-totter.

Sadly, the mousetrap has been farily unsuccessfull, as the car itself has many faults.  The brute force of the mousetrap would cause it to be dislodged, and not directly power the car.  If it did, it would be unpredictable, and would occassionaly pop up in the air.  This fault is proboably from not attatching the mousetrap to the car properly, and not having enough string present for a proper wind-up.


Achievements:

Building Achievements:

Build It:


The Price of Glory:
*Independent Car*
Iron Bar - 2
Small Wheel - 3
Rubber Wheel Part - 1
Large Wheel - 2
Yelow Connecter Rods (1x6) - 5
Large Corner Rods (1x8) - 2
Red Connecter Pieces - 10

Cost for Independent Chasis: $25

*Dependent Car Part*
Iron Bar - 1
Small Wheel - 2
Yellow Connecter Rods (1x6) - 3
Large Corner Rods (1x8) - 2
Red Connecter Pieces - 6

Cost for Dependent Chasis: $14

*Mousetrap Chasis*
Yellow Connecter Rod (1x6) - 4
Yellow Corner Rod (1x4) - 2
Red Connecter Pieces - 8

Cost for Alternate Chasis Car: $14

*Alternate Parts*
Mousetrap - 1
String (24") - 1

Cost for Alternate Parts: $2

Total Cost for Car: $50

Design Stage:
-Note: During the first day or so of class, I was in Sean's Team.  I did split off during the construction stage, and formed my own group.

Braniac: [Note: Done in Sean's Group]
There is a list of 10 designs that Me, Timmy, and Sean brainstormed.  However, I can't find the list.  Sean or Timmy has the list.

Visualize It!:
-Comming Soon-

Racing Achievements:

Compete:
Due to technical reasons, my mousetrap racecar couldn't compete in the distance races.  I was able to atleast get it working, and I did compete in the Acceleration Contest.  After 3 attempts, in which no car crossed the  line, I somehow got a test in, and beat "Team Catapult".  Thus, I [technically] got 4th place out of 7 cars.

Feedback:
-Coming Soon-

Iterate Stage:

Cleanup Stage:

Leave it Cleaner Then You Found It:
I did my best to thoroughly help to clean each day [On Thursdays, I do have to leave early, because of Sailing Practice], and I personally believe that I have cleaned the workplace, and kept my workspace in a good condition.
Reflection Stage:

No comments:

Post a Comment